- Knowledge tests
Multiple choice question tests that assesses your knowledge of Swedish innovation, Chalmers University of Technology, and Technology Management
An essay question that gives you the chance to demonstrate more in-depth knowledge of Technology Management and Economics, as well as your ability to analyze situations in this field
- Personal Statement
Here is your opportunity to tell us why you are applying for the specific master’s program of your choice at Chalmers’ Technology Management and Economics department
- Share your entry!
The recommendations you collect when you share your public profile with friends and family will be weighed alongside your quiz results, essay response and personal motivation, so share your profile and collect as many recommendations as possible to increase your chances of winning!
- Apply to Chalmers!
Apply for one of the four master’s programs in Chalmers’ Technology Management and Economics department via the Swedish system for university applications, www.universityadmissions.se
Important Competition Dates
September 25, 2014Competition opens
November 30, 2014Competition closes
December 8, 2014Short-listed participants announced
January 28, 2015Winners announced and invited to prize ceremony
May 2015Prize ceremony in the US
Important Program Application Dates for Finalists
January 15, 2015Deadline to apply for the program of your choice at www.universityadmissions.se. Please note that for all finalists, all documents must be received by University Admissions in Sweden by this date
February 2, 2015The application fee for all finalists will be paid for by this date by the competition organizers
IMPORTANT: If selected as a finalist, please make a digital copy of your University Admissions application for your own records. In the case that your application documents do not reach University Admissions by January 15, 2015, we may ask you to email the digital version directly to us.
Important Program Application Dates for Non-Finalists
January 15, 2015Deadline to apply for the program of your choice at www.universityadmissions.se
February 2, 2015Deadline to submit supporting documents and pay application fee at www.universityadmissions.se. The fee will not apply to the top three finalists, whose application fees will be paid for by the competition organizers
The competition is open to those who meet either of the following criteria:
- U.S. citizen or legal U.S. resident currently enrolled at a university, or recent bachelor’s graduate
- International student currently enrolled in bachelor’s program at a U.S. university or holding a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. university
Swedish citizens are not eligible to participate in the competition, nor are non-Swedish students currently enrolled at Chalmers University eligible for participation.
In order to be eligible to claim the prize (a full tuition fee waiver), the winner needs to fulfill the enrollment requirements of Chalmers University of Technology and the specific requirements for each master’s program. The winner must be accepted into one of the four master’s programs at Chalmers’ Technology Management and Economics department, and the scholarship granted to the winning student is contingent upon his/her acceptance into their chosen program. The formal admission acceptance will be provided by University Admissions in March 2015.
NOTE: Winning the competition does not mean that admission to a master’s program is automatically guaranteed.
Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or architecture, or be in their last year of studies leading to this degree.
Note: Students interested in the program in Entrepreneurship and Business Design may also apply with a bachelor’s degree in Business, Law or Design.
The winner also needs to obtain a Swedish residence permit prior to their arrival in Sweden.
- All participants will be judged according to their overall performance in the competition, which will be based on both competition performance and the personal statement
- About 20 finalists will be selected and officially presented December 8, 2014 on the competition's website
- After the finalists are announced, each finalist must formally apply to his/her chosen master’s program through the Swedish system for university applications, www.universityadmissions.se by January 15, 2015. The online application must be supplemented with paper documents, as requested on Chalmers' website. Finalists must ensure that their documents reach University Admissions in Sweden prior to January 15, 2015
- University Admissions must receive all necessary documents and payment by February 2, 2015. We recommend that all applicants make sure they have all required documentation prepared by December 8, 2015, so that when the finalists are announced they can be mailed directly and reach Sweden by January 15, 2015
- University Admissions and Chalmers University of Technology will then confirm whether the student meets all program-specific requirements
- The top five candidates will be notified on January 20, 2015 and will be interviewed via Skype during that week
- The winners will be announced January 28, 2015
- The final three candidates will be invited to the prize ceremony in late May 2015 (exact date to be announced); domestic travel and accommodation will be paid for by the competition organizer
Terms & Conditions
- When registering an account, it is necessary to accept Student Competitions' Terms & Conditions, which apply for all competitions organized by Student Competitions AB.
- These Terms & Conditions include: All users must provide submissions that the user has created him/herself
All users must provide personal information that is true and accurate
Student Competitions reserves the right to exclude users at their sole discretion
- Only one entry is accepted per participant
- All participation in the competition must be individual
- No prize alternatives or cash equivalents are offered
- Prizes are non-transferable
- The winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to the acceptance of the prize
- The jury, consisting of representatives from Student Competitions and Chalmers University of Technology, reserves the right to choose the winners at their sole discretion
- The jury also reserves the right to choose no winner if, at the jury’s sole discretion, an insufficient number of eligible and/or qualified entries are received. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification
- Student Competitions reserves the right to change these terms at any time
- The terms are governed by Swedish law and therefore you submit to the jurisdiction of the Swedish courts